Trying a new tool is fun, but the real transition might seem overwhelming. As Team Producter, we work meticulously on the trial process to ensure you get the best sense of whether Producter is the right fit for your needs. 🙏
We prepared a step-by-step guide so you and your team can have the complete Producter experience. To learn more about features, you can always visit Producter Guide.
Step 1: Set up your profile
Let's get started with baby steps! 🎉
- Add your profile picture from the profile settings. You can also edit Name and Surname inputs whenever you need.
Step 2: Invite your teammates
Producter works best when you involve stakeholders in your company so they can give active feedback, stay informed and ask questions about your product.
- Invite your teammates to experience Producter to the fullest. It's a team sport! 🏀
Step 3: Set up your workspace
Once you are all set, set up the workspace together. Your workspace will become home for you and your team, so ensure that everyone feels the same way.
- Add your company logo to customize your user portal and make it your own. The logo will appear on your user portal as well.
- Make sure your workspace URL works for everyone before getting started. Your Producter account can be reached via the workspace URL you choose.,
- Set up the Slack integration to get instant notifications about feedback created, so everyone stays up-to-date even without
Step 5: Set up your user portal
It's not easy to keep up with all feature requests, product ideas, and feedback coming from teammates and users. You can handle messy feedback floods by activating your user portal in one place ⚡️
- Get the word out to your customers that they can now actively provide feedback and keep track of them via your user portal.
Step 6: Start collecting feedback
- Internal Feedback: Create feedback yourself and encourage your teammates to do so. So everyone can track their feedback and stay informed without wasting too much time following up.
- External Feedback: Share the quick feedback link with anyone you want to collect feedback. It can be an end-user, stakeholder, or anyone else.
- User Feedback: Direct your customers to your user portal to provide feedback, give a new idea or report a bug.
Step 7: Review feedback and take action
- Maintain a continuous review of feedback to avoid losing track of it.
- Create tags for similar feedback to categorize.
- Consider using feedback properties and explore them.
- Customize feedback properties to make you fit into your workflow.
Have a question about a feature or feedback? Our team is always here to help.
- Share your feedback in our user portal or fill out the feedback form quickly.
- Join our Slack community to ask your questions.
- Start a live chat on producter.co
- Reach out to us at firstname.lastname@example.org
- And, have a look at Producter Guide to learn more about features.